Station location

Go down

Station location

Post  Brendin65 on Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:33 pm

Seeing as the server will not be up for at least another week, I want your opinion on where the canon will be based, such as station.

Here is a map, you decide, this will effect what factions we have, such as redline, Reich, and the Spartan Order, so choose wisely.

Remember, this station should not be located near the last, if it is... We will not choose that one, once all stations have been said, we will make a poll with the stations me and forester think are appropriate, and once that is done you will vote for the station we are located at.
Brendin65
Director

Popularity : 6

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Station location

Post  Guest on Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:51 pm

Riga

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:17 pm

полянка - Clearing
This one is very close to our old station of Tretyakovskaya, this station is abandoned. It would offer the factions of the RedLine and Rangers, but sadly the Reich wouldn't exist in force here. There might be a small recon, or outpost here but nothing major to start another war with.
(Depending on how far in the future we set the timeline is how far we can make it to another station farther away, if it's only a week or so, the survivors would make it to here at best. That's only if they were trying to evade RedLine controlled stations, and Polis wouldn't take them.)

Цветной Бульвар - Colorful Boulevard
This station is unexplored and is past Reich territory, but relatively close to the D6 bunker. It would offer the Reich and Rangers as a major faction, but leave the RedLine to be a meager outpost at best. Like the other station, the RedLine wouldn't have enough forces to fight a war.
(Since I don't have a time-line I'd be assuming the cannon takes place after Last Light's good ending, where Artyom saves D6 with the help of Osbourne (That's what I nicknamed the child Dark One.))

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendin65 on Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:05 am

Dax wrote:полянка - Clearing
This one is very close to our old station of Tretyakovskaya, this station is abandoned. It would offer the factions of the RedLine and Rangers, but sadly the Reich wouldn't exist in force here. There might be a small recon, or outpost here but nothing major to start another war with.
(Depending on how far in the future we set the timeline is how far we can make it to another station farther away, if it's only a week or so, the survivors would make it to here at best. That's only if they were trying to evade RedLine controlled stations, and Polis wouldn't take them.)

Цветной Бульвар - Colorful Boulevard
This station is unexplored and is past Reich territory, but relatively close to the D6 bunker. It would offer the Reich and Rangers as a major faction, but leave the RedLine to be a meager outpost at best. Like the other station, the RedLine wouldn't have enough forces to fight a war.
(Since I don't have a time-line I'd be assuming the cannon takes place after Last Light's good ending, where Artyom saves D6 with the help of Osbourne (That's what I nicknamed the child Dark One.))
So far it is based from that, but do not do anything regarding it, it has a chance to change, I may be in the mist of making a custom cannon, maybe not... But it is all open for discussion, I will also be working on economy, such as pricing for items, bread, 5 bullets, water 15, purified water 30, and so on and so forth, I will list certain items, and leave other items open for the traders to place the prices. I will also update the prices regularly (Maybe) to match the rarity of an item, EX: Filters original price is sixty bullets, then they become extremely rare, which then would make the price raise to 100, less or more. Purified water, 30, becomes extremely common, will drop to lets say 20. But this is all an example, and may or may not happen. Also back to the custom cannon, it may happen and it may not, it may be based after lastlight, not to sure.
Brendin65
Director

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:47 am

I was thinking that we could use the end spawn station as Chistye Prudy, than we would have the 'middle' station as lubyanka, leaving room for a forward operations point for the reich on the left, and kuchensky most, a 1905 confederation station, of neutral engineers. Players would spawn in the redline (Not nesiciarially part of it), and could make their way to either a free station, or well, however they please. My two cents.

Back to top Go down

Re: Station Location

Post  Guest on Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:12 pm

Polis, heart of the Metro and would give starting players a boost, they can choose to go to the Reich, Redline, or Spartan Order if they choose to join a faction. It would be a good starting point because they are surrounded in a station that treats dwellers nicely, and are not forced into anything.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:42 am

Rizhskaya- Riga station is a member of the new VDNKh alliance and is known to be a poorer rundown station, needing aid and protection. The station seems to have an overcrowding problem, which is seen by going down the area known as 'The Black Street'. Many of the residents live in very small houses, barely big enough for the owners. The floor is covered in mud, and a back entrance is not even guarded.

VDNKh- The station is named for the All-Russia Exhibition Centre (VVTs), formerly known as Exhibition of Achievements of the People's Economy, (Выставка Достижений Народного Хозяйства, ВДНХ, VDNKh), although the station is referred to as VDNKh in announcements and on maps.

Also I support Cashes idea for the station choice btw.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:34 pm

Saint wrote:Rizhskaya- Riga station is a member of the new VDNKh alliance and is known to be a poorer rundown station, needing aid and protection. The station seems to have an overcrowding problem, which is seen by going down the area known as 'The Black Street'. Many of the residents live in very small houses, barely big enough for the owners. The floor is covered in mud, and a back entrance is not even guarded.

VDNKh- The station is named for the All-Russia Exhibition Centre (VVTs), formerly known as Exhibition of Achievements of the People's Economy, (Выставка Достижений Народного Хозяйства, ВДНХ, VDNKh), although the station is referred to as VDNKh in announcements and on maps.

Also I support Cashes idea for the station choice btw.
We can't do VDNKh because of the dark ones. There's just way too much powergame in that. I don't like the dark ones, and think they'll ruin RP, to put it bluntly. (And no, we can't RP after the dark ones, VDNKh was pancaked during the bombing.(Don't wanna do before either, feels just too early on in the war if we go only 17 or 18 years passed))

I like cashes idea, but I don't think it's feisable for two reasons. The biggest is the map:
We have NO maps that do Polis justice. It's a HUGE station, with power, defence grids, and all the fun stuff that comes with being in the largest, most powerful station in the Moscow metro.
Two, the factons:
There's just too much to juggle. one of the reasons RP stunk on UEN, especially towards the end, was because every faction was split down the middle. Grunts, and Higher Ups. Higher ups were split too, either too approachable, or too closed. And yet ANOTHER split formed between players who wanted peace, and players who wanted warfare.
Plus, everyone wants to be a ranger. That's the metro RPers dream, pretty much zero people strive to be anything else in Metro RP, especially new players. Remove the rangers from the picture, that isn't an issue.
The point is, the factions will break up into tiny pieces if we have too many of them to be maintained. We need to stick with Redline and Reich, keep Ranger out of the picture for now.

I stand by the idea that we go to Chistye Prude, as it's a great station. Off the beaten path, but not an exterior station. Right by the red-line, so there's actual reason for redline presence. The Year 1904 confederation, something new to RP with. it's a FRESH start. What do you guys think?

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendin65 on Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:11 am

Seems like we are going to go with foresters idea then.
Brendin65
Director

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum