Starting with weapons?

Go down

Starting with weapons?

Post  Guest on Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:43 am

Since a lot of us are going to "continue" their characters stories where they stop it I though about something.
Are we are going to start from zero on the server? I mean, we won't had any weapons or items?
Our characters used to have many goods such as medecines, weapons, filters and such. I think it would be more realistic if we could start with a bunch of stuff. Like one weapon, 2 mags, a gasmask and some filters and with a backpack.

But this should be gived to "us", the peoples who where on UEN previously, the one who wanted to keep RPing in the metro universe. This shouldn't be gived to new players.

This may sound "dumb" for some people but It'll piss me off if I had to start from all over again.
DD.

Back to top Go down

Re: Starting with weapons?

Post  Brendin65 on Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:19 pm

DoubleDamages wrote:Since a lot of us are going to "continue" their characters stories where they stop it I though about something.
Are we are going to start from zero on the server? I mean, we won't had any weapons or items?
Our characters used to have many goods such as medecines, weapons, filters and such. I think it would be more realistic if we could start with a bunch of stuff. Like one weapon, 2 mags, a gasmask and some filters and with a backpack.

But this should be gived to "us", the peoples who where on UEN previously, the one who wanted to keep RPing in the metro universe. This shouldn't be gived to new players.

This may sound "dumb" for some people but It'll piss me off if I had to start from all over again.
DD.

You will get a few items back, something like a simple load out,

-Medkit
- Gasmask
- 2 filters
- Glock (Maybe)
- Purified water
- A MRE
- Backpack
- Radio
- A Primary weapon (Something like a ak47, maybe a m4a1... maybe...)
- Two mags for primary

Something along the lines of that, me and Forester will speak further upon this subject, it may be that something wont be listed there, somethings may be, nothing is a promise, Well, only thing that is... Is that your characters will not be started from scratch.
Brendin65
Director

Popularity : 6

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:51 pm

I feel like we could use a fresh new start, but.. I can see why you don't want to lose your character, but then agian i'm a little iffy..

I feel that we should limit the items..

For you i suppose

Gas-Mask
Two Filters
Glock Seven-Teen
Broken AK-47
Canned Goods
Dufflebag ( Back-Pack)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:51 pm

Maybe you should have to provide a screenshot of said equipment.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:46 pm

All I'm saying is...

I better get my entire stash of alcohol back. xD

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:47 pm

Lol i had a whole stash of Filters on my char like 34 of them. XD

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:37 am

Character re-creation is a WIP, and will not be a day-one release thing. So don't expect it right away. We won't be refunding 'stashses' and other things of the like, even if you have proof included. It's what your character could carry on his or her back. Our current station is quite far, and your character will have needed a reason to come here. Not 100% of the people will get their characters back, so do not expect it to be a given. Be ready to write a backstory for your application, when apps start (I see some of you have a head start on that. Very Happy). And uhh, I guess that's it.
Just to clear up any misconceptions.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:25 am

Well what station are we at?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:01 pm

I'm fine with starting all over just want me novice parka Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:00 pm

If i understood well, some of us will maybe have the chance to get some of our past stuff back without anything asked for it. And others, will have to make somekind of app with a backstory so we could start with limited ressources?

If I ever could get some items back, I'll just ask for a backpack, an empty Ak-47, a gasmask with two filters filters, some medical supplies (I'll let a more ranked member choose) and a handgun with only one clip.
Yes, No food. Because I'll propably ate it all during my travel to Polis to our current station.

DD.

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendin65 on Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:44 pm

DoubleDamages wrote:If i understood well, some of us will maybe have the chance to get some of our past stuff back without anything asked for it. And others, will have to make somekind of app with a backstory so we could start with limited ressources?

If I ever could get some items back, I'll just ask for a backpack, an empty Ak-47, a gasmask with two filters filters, some medical supplies (I'll let a more ranked member choose) and a handgun with only one clip.
Yes, No food. Because I'll propably ate it all during my travel to Polis to our current station.

DD.

Everyone will have to apply for their past characters, place a nice background in the app, proof of said items, maybe.... And well, probably a few other thing like, why do you want this character back, how would your character benifit the server. Stuff like that.
Brendin65
Director

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:56 pm

Yes to the application, but saying about how they could be a use to the server.... It should just be

-Backstory
-How they got to the station area
-Why they came here
-And a story on there trip here.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:10 pm

DoubleDamages wrote:If i understood well, some of us will maybe have the chance to get some of our past stuff back without anything asked for it. And others, will have to make somekind of app with a backstory so we could start with limited ressources?

DD.
Nobody is getting their stuff back for free. Everyone will apply. You'll list what you think you should get in your application. the application process WILL NOT be easy. Nobody is guaranteed acceptance. Applications will not be opened untill we get the server rolling, and see how things go with Brendins character Mario. If all goes well, the process will start. If it doesn't, than don't even worry about it, because it won't be happening.

The format will be written, should we decide to allow transfer applications.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:42 pm

That sounds like a VERY bad idea spawning Marco in with his equipment on a server where everyone wants to get there crap back.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:17 pm

Saint wrote:That sounds like a VERY bad idea spawning Marco in with his equipment on a server where everyone wants to get there crap back.
You got a point here...

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendin65 on Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:21 pm

Saint wrote:That sounds like a VERY bad idea spawning Marco in with his equipment on a server where everyone wants to get there crap back.
Marco will spawn in with a glock, normall amount of bulelts, and one filter. Food medical, and any other resources would of been depleted on his journey to a new station, after the first two- four days, if nothing goes well via my char we will wipe mario, if all goes well, apps will open, and well, i will guerentee that most of you will get accepted...

Sorry for spelling errors, two hours of sleep and just got back from college.
Brendin65
Director

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:34 am

I think all faction members get their gear back, maybe a few of the well known characters. Everyone else either lost and or used up their gear when transferring stations. That shit's not guaranteed to be there forever, and if you have to ditch your rifle to survive then you ditch it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:25 am

Its obviously going to turn out bad for Marco, I mean. Spawning Marco in with even a glock makes him a rat in the middle of a box of snakes.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:12 pm

Maybe we should just start people with a certain amount of bullets, designate someone as a trader (Or Brendin and Forester could do it) then we make them choose what they really want back. The food and drinks or their weapons? Perhaps it's filters and a gasmask they need more?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:52 pm

Dax wrote:Maybe we should just start people with a certain amount of bullets, designate someone as a trader (Or Brendin and Forester could do it) then we make them choose what they really want back. The food and drinks or their weapons? Perhaps it's filters and a gasmask they need more?
That sounds like a good idea, we will all have to choose wisely. And we'll probably get more stuff after a moment on the server.
I think it could make everyone happy about it.

DD.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:17 pm

Dax wrote:Maybe we should just start people with a certain amount of bullets, designate someone as a trader (Or Brendin and Forester could do it) then we make them choose what they really want back. The food and drinks or their weapons? Perhaps it's filters and a gasmask they need more?
Dis I Like.

This is a pretty good idea.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:37 am

I like the idea, but it kinda doesn't make sense. The availiable transit-methods to the station we're going to be at all cross hostile routes (be it surface transit, or tunnel transit), so ammo, food, and water is probably expended en-route. However, I could append an 'items requested' bit to the character transfer application. Sound like a plan?

Regarding Sales:
We will have traders, mostly, 'good' gear will be acquired from roaming hansa salesman that visit the station often (At least twice a week). The rest of the gear can be scavenged, but in small ammounts, as well as few and far between. Gear will spawn, but it's going to be very light loot, like low-value food and drink, and books, and lots of trash. There will also be 'corpses' for players to loot, that'll be placed by admins.

Regarding why brendin is the test case with nobody else getting gear yet:
We need to know not only how people will react IC, but OOC as well. I cannot stress this enough
NOT ALL OF YOU WILL BE GETTING YOUR GEAR BACK!

The test is not to see if gear returns 'work'. We know they are functional, we know the system we have 'works' and is 'fair'. The test is to see how the players react when some people get gear, and some people don't. If the reaction is too harsh and violent, than marco and his stuff will go *poof* and there will be no gear returns. If the player base is mature enough to deal with the fact that life ain't fair, than we'll open applications for character transfer.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum